Hondata KPro4 is the
4th generation board made by Hondata, superseding all previous versions, with a more powerful processor, enhanced on board datalogging, faster upload and datalogging, live tuning and autotune, Bluetooth, ethanol sensor input, dash outputs, advanced protection and closed loop wideband support.
The K-Series Programmable ECU (K-Pro) consists of a hardware modification to any K-Series ECU, plus Windows
software which allows you to re-program the ECU and datalog sensors.
On-board datalogging is standard on all K-Pros from serial number 4111 and above. For more information go
here. Additional analog inputs and double the datalogging memory now available with the K-Pro V3. K-ProV3 supersedes all previous versions
- Fits inside the ECU
- Designed and assembled in USA
- USB connection for speed and compatibility
- KManager Windows based software for parameter & table editing, calibration uploading and datalogging.
- Many built in calibrations for common engine combinations
- Built in datalogging to a laptop
- On board datalogging memory (2 MB memory, 10-110 minutes datalogging)
- Adjustment for different sized injectors, with overall fuel trim.
- Configurable for any MAP sensor (to 5 Bar and above)
- TPS based table lookup for ITBs
- Engine protection from over boost and lean protection.
- Expanded fuel and ignition tables, both in rpm and load, to 60 lbs boost and 11,000 rpm (these are not the upper limits)
- Launch control with anti-lag
- Three multi purpose outputs for nitrous control or similar
- Supports lambda tracing from the stock wideband o2
- PWM output for boost control
KManager editing software features:
- High and low speed 16 x 20 ignition and fuel tables for correct VTEC tuning
- Injector size fuel trim
- Fuel trim for starting, throttle tip in and individual cylinder trim
- Rev limiter with fuel cut
- Launch control with anti-lag
- Adjustable VTEC window with load and throttle control
- Adjustable idle speed
- MAP sensor type and calibration
- Adjustable boost cut with hot and cold settings
- Closed loop control
- Air temperature compensation
- Fuel and ignition correction based on gear
- Closed loop
- Three general purpose outputs for nitrous control, quad boost control or similar
- On board datalogging trigger conditions
- Base maps are included only for K20A2, K20A3 (RSX Base), K20A3 (Civic SI) and K20A engines.
- The 2002- CRV ECU (5 speed) (PPA -A0# ECU) can be used.
- Support for the manual K20A3 engine and the secondary intake runner as used in the base model RSX and CRV.
- The Japanese PRD and PRC ECU do not support a fuel tank pressure sensor required for some US emissions tests, but will likely pass a tailpipe sniffer test if the catalytic converter is in place.
- PNF, PPA and PND ECUs for 5 speed transmissions will not operate the reverse lock solenoid on 6 speed transmissions.
- The K-Pro ECU will not work on Automatic vehicles. Automatic ECUs cannot be converted to manual.
- To use the K-Pro on a 2005-2006 RSX, an adapter harness is required, an 02-04 specially modified ECU must be modified for used and the primary oxygen sensor from an 03-04 must be used.
- Turn around time is usually 2 days from the time it is received.
- From previous ECU's Honda has changed from 2 dimensional tables (engine speed and engine load) to 3 dimensional tables (engine speed, engine load and cam angle). The K-Pro ECU retains these 3 dimensional tables to ensure the engine is running at optimum efficiency and power for every cam angle.
- The stock JDM and US O2 sensor is wide band and can read from 11.5:1 to 30:1 A/F ratios.
- Most OBDII features may be disabled for race vehicles.
- Error codes and the OBDII readiness status may be datalogged.
- Base tables are supplied for the RSX Type S, RSX Base, Civic SI and Integra Type R engines. These tables have been dyno tuned.
- No external programmer or other equipment is necessary. Just plug the ECU into a laptop via a USB cable.
- Tables may be map-traced in real time.
- The K-Pro ECU is not real-time updateable, however most changes to tables and settings can be uploaded in 1-2 seconds.
- The K-Pro ECU is a separate product from the s100/s200 line, and will not share the same options (e.g. 3 step) nor software (HondaLogger, RomEditor). All systems are fully programmable by the user. All K-Pro ECU systems include all features (e.g. boost, datalogging).
Notes for PND K-Swap ecu:
Only work's in a swapped vehicle, not an rsx/ep3.
You MUST wire/configure the speed sensor per the k-swap ecu instructions.
*PLEASE NOTE: For Off-Road Race Use At Sanctioned Events Only.
Hondata K-Pro installation lead time is 1-3 weeks depending on work load.